Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CROSS TAB ISSUE !!!! PLZ URGENT !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan007

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
CA
I am on cyrystal report 8.5, active X viewer, win 2k.

I have a problem in cross tab report.

I have "time" in Row and "physician name" in Column and patientsname in "Summarized field".

I can have 50 physician a day.
Each physician consult patients after 15 minutes span
and a physician can have multiple patients at one time.

My desireable output is:

PHY_1 PHY_2 PHY_3 PHY_4
6:00 am abc ttt www jjj
6:15 am sss hhh qqq kkk
6:30 am eee nnn aaa lll
6:45 am rrr mmm bbb iii
7:00 am zzz ccc ooo mmm
fdf
7:15 am cvb fdc hjh ghg
7:30 am gfv ggg ggg ggg
fff
hhh
7:45 am ghg ggh bbb gfv
yyy
8:00 am gfv rtr rpr trt

...... to 8:00 PM

I am almost done with everything except unable to resolve one.
if we have more than one patient at one time for a specific poovider, I am unable to place them. If I add another row of patient name then it gives me as many rows for a time as # of patients.
Please help me in this regard.

might be a bit late but,

couldn't you write a formula that starts out as
'' and appends patients names to it, then summarize that field rather than the patientname field?

mike

I have "?" for you. How you handle if 50 physician or more, they are doesn’t fit to page wide?

Thank you

as i am displaying only four per page, the rest are extending on your right to next page, 4 physicians per page.

Thanks

Could you show how you doing this. I have unlimited columns number, it can be 50-100. on my case it going to side page. I need show up to 10 columns and breakdown, rest of them has to go under previous 10 columns on same or next page.
Thank you in advance.

Unfortunatley, I can't think of a way to get the multiple patients in this cross-tab the way you want.

They only way I could see this working is if the first patient in each time slot had a a field that was always the same. For example, if all of the first patiens had a 1, all the second had a 2, etc. then you could use that field as your second row field in the cross-tab. This would line them all up on one row - just like your times line up. However, I don't think you have a value that would be the same for all of the first patients, and then the same for all the seconds, and then the thirds.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back