Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CROSS TAB HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focl

Programmer
Aug 3, 2006
US
Hi
I am using Crystal 10 with an MS SQL backend.

I have created a report with a cross-tab using the Cross-tab Expert. The report is using multi-select params so I get a column for PROD_CODE selected - which is what I want.

Configured as follows:
Rows: WEEK_NUM
Columns: database values for each PROD_CODE
Summary Field: RTotal0

My question is: How can I add an additional column(s) of data to this cross-tab? I want to show another column of data (by week_num) that is read directly from the database but it ends up putting another value in every cell. I just want an extra column vertically just like the Summary field or the PROD_CODE columns???

The 2 books I have don't cover the cross-tab very well.

Can you show a sample of what you want your report to look like? Can't quite follow what you are saying.

-LB

My report currently looks like this:

Week # PROD_CODE 1 PROD_CODE 2 PROD_CODE n TOTAL
1 30 22 22 74
2 12 14 24 50
3 11 12 13 36
. . . . .

The PROD CODE columns are dependent on the PROD CODEs chosen as parameters.

I would like to be able to add other columns (independent of the PROD CODEs like this:

Week # PROD_CODE 1 PROD_CODE 2 FORECAST TOTAL
1 30 22 22 74
2 12 14 24 50
3 11 12 26 36
. . . . .

btw: all of the PROD CODE values are actually running totals

Here's the design view:

Week # Column #1 Name Total
ROW #1 Name sum of RTotal0(Number) sum of RTotal0(Number)
Total sum of RTotal0(Number) sum of RTotal0(Number)

You could add the field as a second summary and in the crosstab expert->customize type->summarized fields->check "horizontal" and "show labels". Then suppress the inner cells for this summary and drag the edges to minimize the width.

The other approach would be to add a second crosstab with the same row field field, and no column field, using the new field for your summary. Then you could suppress the row labels, remmove that section of the grid, and overlay the second crosstab on the first.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back