Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Platform, Client-side VB code

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodaman

Programmer
May 23, 2001
CA
I posted a similar thread earlier, but it did not answer my question. Here's another try.

I will be developing a simulation game that has to be cross platform, web based, and clientside. The reason this is in the VB.net section is because we have extensive simulation codes written in VB 6, and would like to convert/rewrite it in .Net. The core should be in VB.net, but has it talk to a cross platform, webbased, clientside interface that could output graphics for a game.

What kind of technologies could I use to talk to VB.net and at the same time be an interface for a crossplatform, webased game?

Unfortunately, ASP.net is mainly server side. Since it is a simulation, it is CPU intensive and requires instant feed back. I don't think Server side technology will be able to handle it. Does anyone know any technologies out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back