Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cropping pictures in PSP7 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhwachs

Technical User
Jun 21, 2007
US
I am having a problem and I hope it is just a setting I can change on the program.

Whenever I crop a photograph, I get a "remnant" around the edge of the cropped area. When posted online, this area (about 1 pixel wide) has the effect of looking like a border. This poses a problem if I am trying to either have the picture blend in with the background or if I am trying to have multiple pictures look like one bigger pictures.

Any suggestions?

There should be a crop option under preferences somewhere in your settings where you can adjust that crop border.

How are you cropping the photo?
If you are using the Selection tool instead of the Crop tool the border is the result of having antialiasing on.

Yes, I was using the selection tool. This is because I was selecting a section of the picture then copying and pasting as a new image. I see that when I select using the cropping tool, the "border" does not occur. (thank you) However, how do I turn off anti-aliasing so that I can use the selection tool?

Never mind... I figured it out.

Again, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back