Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cronolog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper

Technical User
Jan 21, 2002
GB
Could somebody please tell me how it is configured in httpd.conf?

I tried replacing the default CustomLog and ErrorLog with the ones given in the usage page, but ended up with no logs being written at all. ------------------------------------------------------------------
It's important to think. It's what separates us from lentils.

TIme to jog ppl's memories! ------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using RHLinux7.2 ------------------------------------------------------------------

so the TransferLog directive replaces CustomLog? ------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mate,

Yes. I will explain what it means just incase you are not sure..

/www/logs/(Path to logs) %Y/%m/%d/(Year, Month & Day) access.log (Log name)

Using it this way, the log names are generated dynamically so that they use a different log for each day.. Once midnight strikes, the new log should automatically be generated..

The only way I know of to sucessfully test this would be to actually change your system clock to 23:59 and let the hour change then check the logs.. BUT, if you have any shareware programs installed on the machine then be careful as some will expire if the system clock is altered. (This is so that you cannot just change the date back after the trial expires)

Hope this helps Wullie

Thx - that clears it up. The web pages were not too clear as to whether TransferLog replaced or worked alongside CustomLog. ------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back