Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cron job to manage and unmanage an interface in a router on NNM 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickdu

MIS
May 14, 2002
ZA
Hi All

Can someone help as per how can I go about doing the ff procedure.

I want to unmanage an interface in a router every Sunday at 06h00 and manage it again the following Sunday.How can i do this on NNM.

Best regards
Vickdu

Can anyone of you guys pls help here i've been struggling with this problem for 2 weeks.

Thanks
V

Well Victor, here goes your command, it is a perl script, usually under /opt/OV/contrib/NNM/setStatus, the name of the script is setStatus.ovpl

I've tested it with a couple of nodes and interfaces and works just great, as an example:
./setStatus.ovpl m1-mgmt1.cco.mng.ba1:STAGING1:172.20.12.1 Unmanaged

Sets as unmanaged an interface on a MSFC, make sure you add the complete "object" passed to the script, in this case: m1-mgmt1.cco.mng.ba1:STAGING1:172.20.12.1 means the object STAGING1 with IP 172.20.12.1 inside a node called m1-mgmt1.cco.mng.ba1

Once there you may run the same script but using Managed instead for the other interface, running setStatus.ovpl will give all the options you may use.

If you place this on your cron (don't remember if your installation is under Unix or W2K), then, your problem is fixed, ok? ; )

If you don't have this script I can send it to you, no problem.

Hope this helps, best regards,
C.

vlan52
[sunshine] vlan52
The end of wisdom is freedom. The end of culture is perfection. The end of
education is character. The end of knowledge is love.

hi,
you have to do exactly :

/opt/OV/bin/xnmtopoconf -unmanageobj local $oid
/opt/OV/bin/xnmtopoconf -manageobj local $oid

where $oid is the id of the if you need to manage/unmanage (not selection name)

instead of "local", if you have a distributed architecture you can also do from the Manag.Station:

/opt/OV/bin/xnmtopoconf -unmanageobj(or manageobj) <Hostname> $oid

In the xnmtopoconf's manpage you can find all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back