Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM Package - Great Plains -- ANY GOOD ONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieaston

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
CA
We are currently using Goldmine as our contact management software tool. It resides on its own server. Has anybody used other packages that integrate with GP and how good and realiable are they. We want to KILL Goldmine and go to something that can integrate with GP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ivan
Director MIS
DocuCom Imaging Solutions.

You can use ONcontact Software Corp.'s Client Management Software, let me know if you need more info on this...

Ivan - Can you post back with some examples of how you want to integrate with GP? My employer uses GP and is currently implementing MS CRM. The experience has been painful to say the least.

MS CRM has a long way to go in my opinion. We were using Siebel although it was really WAY to big for us. But, atleast the functionality was all there.

In CRM, some of the basic functionality is still missing. For instance, if I enter service calls against a contact under an account the case is associated with the contact only. I cannot go the account and view all cases for the account. I will only see cases entered directly against the account (not contact). I could be missing something as I don't implement CRM, just use it...as little as possible.

We have an email go to the contact saying the case has been closed and then a follow-up email a couple of days later with a survey. That feature is cool but since we have to enter cases under the account, we have to keep overriding the account's email with the contact's address for that case. This is a problem if two consultants (or even one) are working with two or more contacts at the same account.

CRM is still not easily customizable and I personally do not like sending emails through CRM and not being able to see it in my Outlook sent folder.

Also, I think when emails come back to you on a CRM case they reference the long CRM number but are not automatically associated with the case. You can probably tell that I don't use it much anymore but check those things out if you consider MS CRM.

There are a few people working with a Sales Logix integration to GP. Also depending on what you are using CRM software for, there are a few smaller ones that could do the job too.

We are geting ready to implement a CRM with Great Plains. Our goal with it, is to track contacts and customer service calls between departments. We have about 20 users and about two thousand of contacts/customers What are some of the problems you guys are having with MS CRM? Any suggestions for alternate products. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back