Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM Outlookexpress sync troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsudbury

Technical User
Sep 1, 2009
CA
Hello,

I've having a little trouble synchronizing.

Program is installed, I'm using xp, running it locally only (to test)running the default microsoft 2005 sql server.

I try to sync and there's the crm logon, no problem, then it asks me to logon to my local computer? I have a user name logon and password normally, but those aren't working? I cancell this and it give me the following warning,
"CRM outlook plugin encountered a problem during operation, please try again later"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry, didn't think while typing. I'm running outlook 2007 with sp2. I just wrote express without noticing.

Thanks!

Which CRM version? The Outlook plugin has gone through lots of updates lately.

Junior question, where do I look for the version?

Oh yeah, you're way, way behind. After SP1, there have been 12 new builds. I'm on K, and the outlook add-in is very good. The latest build is N.

Guess I'll be updating! Should have been the first thing I checked. Junior move. Thanks for the help.

If you can get CRM 6.2 and the updates then go for it, there are some improvements.

I'll update my 6.1, don't think I have access to 6.2 yet. I assume I have to do each of the updates on the list. That should be fun

No, AFAIK you can install the latest. But then I could be wrong... CRM is a bit different. Read the readme once you download the patch, that normally tells you of there are any requirements.

If you are a registered Accpac user and you have a login to the Sage Accpac website, go to Clients, My Products and Services and you should be able to download CRM 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back