Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM Email Templates Service Activity Start Time Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobbyGee

Instructor
Apr 19, 2007
GB
Hello,

I hope you can help, with a small problem I have.

I am trying to set up a Direct Email from a Service activity we have created, basically to tell the customer when the resource will be them. The email template shows the following which is fine:

Dear {!Service Activity:Regarding;}
Please be advised that {!Service Activity:Subject;} has been scheduled for installation on {!Service Activity:Scheduled Start;} This is a confirmed appointment.

This is perfect for what we want but when the email is sent. We see the following:

Dear A

Please be advised that See Attached Snagging List has been scheduled for installation on 27/03/2007 9:00 AM (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London This is a confirmed appointment

The majority of this is fine but we do not want to see the Greenwich Mean Time section with the countries listed, is there a manner that i can get rid of them as it looks pretty silly when going out to the customer.

I really hope you can help as this is really bugging me.

Regards,

Matt

I have not seen this one before and it looks like a bug. Only solution I can think of is to write a presend callout which will take the GMT piece out prior to sending. You may want to consider logging a support incident with Microsoft. If its a bug they may not charge.

John O'Donnell, Microsoft CRM MVP, MCSE, MCSA
MBS Certified Master–Applications for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
MBS Certified Master–Installation & Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Crowe Chizek and Company LLC

Couple of questions:

a) How do I contact Microsoft to let them know regarding this - Is there a website to register this.

b) Can you give me more details of what a presend call out is and how to achieve this.

Many Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back