Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[crit] (98) Address already in use: make_sock could not bind to port..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumKid

MIS
Dec 21, 2001
US
[crit] (98) Address already in use: make_sock could not bind to port 3339. Every once in a while I get this error and i have to reboot my server in order for people to access my web server again. WHen i Get this error I can try to go to my web site, it says found..waiting for reply, but then never gets a reply. I have to reboot.

What would cause this????

Hi,

Are you using Oracle ? Oracle App server uses port 3339 by default and maybe there is some problem is that appears in a url. You can check whats listening on a port as root with :

# /usr/sbin/lsof -i TCP:3339

Hope this helps

Hey,
Yes im using Oracle. It just happened again and I have not done anything. Maybe it is happening with a certain url or something. And idea on me figuring this out or a possible solution??

Thanks so much

One more thing....
Message in my apache error_log says:
caught SIGTERM, shutting down
Not sure if this helps...

ForumKid
Iam having exactly the smae problem, and its driving me mad, maybe we can compare notes.

Ive been running IIS5, and its doing the same thing, i.e. after a while IIS stops working. Naw i thought it was microshyte, and so ive tried to start convert to apache.

With IIS, i checked everything, even virus/ trojuns etc, using superscan (good product by the way) but have no clue what is interfering with my web server.

I think the only way is to compare our environments.

Iam running windows 2000, i run Zone Alarm, i also run AVG antivirus. as for other bits ?

I dont have a dedicated line link , but am running ADSL, and i use NO-ip to enable dynamic ip address and to make sure my server is always found.

thats about all, so if we have something in common maybe we can sort this.

Also iam running a Dell Server, whcih comes with a additional managemenst directory, and iam wondering if they have something in there that is messing with the ports.

by the way, when the server stops responding, ive tried scanning ports etc to see if any have become active, as well as try stop the web server and then restart , and it says the port is already being used.

detrmined

Ian

..., i am NOT running Oracle.

My attempt at port scans come up with none on port 80.

We really need to compare notes.

ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back