Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Credit Machine Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsjungle

Vendor
Feb 1, 2005
US
I have a location on 4.0.10 IP Office with a credit card machine on an analog station port. The system has a PRI for a line. I can dial the credit card company from the analog station port off of the credit card machine just fine, but the machine itself is not dialing the number. I know everything is correct in the machine (e.g. PBX access code is 9), it has been replaced by a new one, etc. I can also dial the credit card company number from any digital phone.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What can I do to fix this?

Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
-Samuel Johnson

Did you upgrade the bins for the Analogue phone module too?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

The phone module is in the main IP500 chassis, so yes, it has been upgraded.

-Samuel Johnson

Is the PDQ using DTMF of LD for its out dialing
IPO only acepts DTMF
Try connecting a test butt in parallel so you can monitor the PDQ output

It could also be that you need a pause after the "9" when dialing out. Check your call status or call monitor to see what digits it is seeing sent out. it could be missing the first few digits due to no pause.

If they have sent you a new PDQ they havent by chance sent it out as default. IE has direct access to the line and is not prefixing 9.
Would be good to see a monitor trace of it trying to dial out.
Also Have you carried out a reboot since the upgrade. On rare occasions I have had to reboot an IP Office to get it to sync up with the PRI again as modems and faxes would connect but not complete the handshake.

ACA - IP Telephony

Even simpler, just use call status to see what digits are being dialed from the analog port.

Figure it out damn-it!

Call status can miss things from time to time in my opinion of course.

ACA - IP Telephony

The new System Status app wasn't showing anything as far as digits. I guess I could watch the monitor to see what's happening, to see if I need to add in a pause, I hadn't thought about that. Yes, I made sure the device was dialing the 9 to get an outside line. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

-Samuel Johnson

mmmm, if the SSA wasn't showing any thing. You haven't accidently logged the phone off have you, Making it a NoUser that has all external call barring on it?

ACA - IP Telephony

nope, the phone is logged in, i'm looking at the config now.

-Samuel Johnson

regular phone works fine. I can plug an analog cordless into the back of the cc machine and it works. i'm going to go on site with a digit grabber and see what i find.

-Samuel Johnson

I have seen PRIs work fine for voice but for Dialup, fax machines and credit card machines not working. Usually the problem is there are slips on the PRI.

Yip, did suggest a reboot of the unit up a little bit incase it was some thing related to slips/timing.

ACA - IP Telephony

As a get me out of jail test. You could create a user shortcode such as
9N/TELNUMBER OF CC PEOPLE/Dial or even
N/TELNUMBER OF CC PEOPLE/Dial

see what happens then.

ACA - IP Telephony

something simple to check. The mounting cord from the wall jack is going into the "Line" port, right? not the "Phone" port?

What number are you trying to dial? Toll-free or LD? The reason I ask is b/c last weekend I was hooking up a fax machine at my grand parents house. They don't have LD enabled on their home phone so I had to use a "dial around" number like 10-10-811. I could dial from a POTS phone without any problem, but when I tried to dial the same number 1010811 1 areacode number it would fail. It turns out that the fax machine had a "bar international calls" setting enabled within the fax machine by default. I wasn't dialing an international number but it thought I was b/c of all the extra digits.

There could be something like this going on with your credit card machine. It could be as simple as enabling it to dial at all in addition to adding the "9" prefix.

How you getting on with this jsjungle

ACA - IP Telephony

No luck yet. I tried your short codes (Provider) and here is what I see in the monitor trace:

85711mS CMExtnRx: v=585, p1=0
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=AnalogueExtn 5 Call: lid=0 id=1 in=0
1452685712mS CMExtnRx: v=585, p1=0
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=AnalogueExtn 5 Call: lid=0 id=1 in=0
1452685713mS CMLOGGING: CALL:2007/10/2613:18,00:00:31,002,585,O,18888206596,9,CreditCard,,,0,,""n/a,0
1452685714mS CD: CALL: 0.35620.0 State=2 Cut=2 Music=0.0 Aend="Credit Card(585)" (6.25) Bend="Line 5" [Line 5] (2.24) CalledNum=18888206596 () CallingNum=585 (Credit Card) Internal=0 Time=38368 AState=0
1452685714mS CD: CALL: 0.35620.0 Deleted
1452685715mS CMLineTx: v=5
CMDisconnect
Line: type=Q931Line 5 Call: lid=0 id=35624 in=0
Cause=16, Normal call clearing
1452685717mS CMMap: PCG::UnmapBChan pcp[79]b1r0 cp_b f5deb07a other_cp_b f5ddd8be
1452685717mS CMMap: a=6.25 b=2.24 M0
1452685717mS CMMap: PCG::UnmapBChan pcp[88]b1r0 cp_b f5ddd8be other_cp_b 0
1452685955mS RES: Fri 26/10/2007 13:19:12 FreeMem=82797044(38) CMMsg=7 (7) Buff=200 968 999 7167 4 Links=16017
1452685957mS CMLineRx: v=5
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=Q931Line 5 Call: lid=0 id=35624 in=0
BChan: slot=0 chan=23
1452687341mS CMExtnRx: v=585, p1=0
CMSetup

-Samuel Johnson

Who is the carrier on the PRI? i have seen carriers that could not handle modems on their network. Something about the VOIP they use. They bring you a PRI but in the Co they convert to VOIP and could not process modems over it. Do you have a POTS line you could plug it into just to see if it works?

I have other customers using modems w/ IPO w/ this carrier, so I don't think it's the carrier. The problem got worse when we upgraded them to 4.0.10. We are planning on downgrade on Monday since no one can come up with a solution (including AVAYA) at this point.

-Samuel Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back