Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Credit Limit and Days Allowed Over Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott_1111

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2018
AU
HI,

I am trying to work out how the AR Transactions Days Over and Overdue Limit of works

If I have a customer who has a credit limit of 2,000,000 and terms of 75 days,
If I set the Days over to be 30, and the overdue limit to be 200,000 can you please respond with what would happen in the below examples

Customer enters an order, they are within terms. The order amounts to their total balance of 2,100,000. Would this order go on hold?
Customer enters and Order, that are 2 days over their term. They are under their credit limit. Would this order go on hold?
Customer enters an order, Their total balance is 1,900,000 but they are 45 days over their term. Whould this go on hold?

I have tried researching what the calculation is for this option, but to no avail. Appreciate any comments or assistance here.

Thanks
scott

That's not how terms works. Terms are used to calculate discounts. If they pay before before the terms are up, they get a discount on the invoice

Sage 300 Whisperer

Thanks, I am aware that’s not how terms work. I am trying to ascertain how the two options for days over and $ over limit affect the credit calculation.

Do you any example of how those two specific fields affect the calculation of when an order will go on hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back