Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating video intros for use in premiere - How? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roycw1

Technical User
Nov 28, 2006
GB
Hi All

I'm very new to this, so be gentle with me please! I have managed to teach myself Adobe Premiere 6.5 and Encore 1.0 to edit and transfer video to DVD. I would really like to try and teach myself how to create opening video intros for use in premiere 6.5 (like the searchlights in the 20th Century Fox opening credits, or whichever film co it was, or cinema screen curtains opening etc.).

I just want to create a personalised opening for home video intro. Can anyone tell me which readily available programmes to use to have a go at this? I don't know if Flash or After Effects will do the trick?

Please keep the replies simple...you're dealing with a real novice.

Many thanks in anticipation of your kind help.

You can do quite a lot just using Premiere, but if you already have After Effects you ill have much better control using that program and then generating an output AI file to put on the Premiere timeline.

A series of stills with alpha channels for the transparent areas can be overlaid on different tracks and animated individually to good effect.

If you want the effect of searchlights shining through holes in your graphics, then Trapcode Shine, which plugs into both AE and Premiere, gives excellent results quite easily.

The video tutorials at might give you some ideas, too.

Thanks Akribie. I Will open and read the link you gave...but by the sounds of it, I'm out of my depth already.

It's all very simple really. It's the jargon that makes it sound hard. I think you'll find Curt's tutorials help cut through some of the barriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back