Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating the same number of lines wiht Multiple Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorg32

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
BE
Hello,

I'm working with C.R. 8.0.1.0.

When I use Multiple Columns The report shows me always a different number of rows in the detail section.

eg : when I have 15 rows, CR gives me on the left side 10 rows and on the right side 5!?

The result = that I have a lot more pages then I want to.

How can I make CR to take on the left 8 rows and on the other side 7 rows (see eg)?

thanks for helping me.

J.

If the nature of your data lends itself, you can do this by formatting your data to print across then down, rather than the default down then across.

Naith

You could improve the spacing by inserting a subreport, adding your details there, and formatting the subreport details to multiple columns. Then place the subreport in a group header_b section or a group footer section, and suppress the details in the main report. Finally, select the subreport->format subreport and uncheck "Can grow". Then resize the subreport so that it displays all members of your largest group. This will still leave some white space, but if you must use down then across, the subreport can control the "down" measurement. Otherwise the page length controls it.

-LB

Thsi depends upon what data you are displaying.

You might array(s) to allow for this type of thing, however you need to supply meaningful example data and expected output. Obviously the requirements will require a different solution if there are 10 fields being displayed vs. 1.

-k

I have 1 group header and when this group changed, CR has to count his rows again to make sure that it use a minimum of the page size.

I have tried the thing that Naith gave me - this was a good thing (print-out), but the result wasn't good.

eg:

The group is called "Fish-Food" and it has 7 articles.

With 'Across then Down' the result is :

A1 A2
A3 A4
A5 A6
A7

I want it this way :

A1 A5
A2 A6
A3 A7
A4

Thanks for helping me

J.