Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Snapshots of User Data upto 60 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindu143

Technical User
Sep 8, 2009
GB
Hi
I have a user data of 400 GB.we use overland snapservers.Every night the snap servers replicate data from server A to server B which are in two different buildings.It also takes a snapshot for 13 days and deletes the old snapshos when any user comes saying that they have lost their data within these 13 days we go to the relevant snapshot and directly copy the doc to their user area.
Now i want to increasing the snap shots. Iam planning to buy a 4TB NAS box and implement a snapshot infrastructure so that i can have a snapshot up to 60 days.Is there any software which can do snapshot automated upto 30 to 60 days
any solutions appreciated.
thanks

Buy a netapp storage box. You can have 255 snapshots per volume, allowing you to keep 60 days of snapshots, taking a snapshot every 6 hours... If you only take 1 snapshot per day, this gives you a retention of 255 days.And the taking of the snapshot has no performance hit.

rgds,

R.

NetApp Certified NCDA/NCIE-SAN

Hi
Will i be able to use the same netapp storage box to do a baremetal backups of my exchange ,print and database servers using acronis baremetal backup
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back