Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating *.rpt reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigs

Programmer
May 1, 2001
AU
Ok simple question, Im creating a web site in netscape which reports on information from a Sql2000 database and i can see the data through some programs that i have down load so my code is good and it works just that i can't find out how to create an *.rpt file.

Any help would be good. I have the trial version of crystal reports 8, if i can get this working then i will buy it.

Thanks

Craig.

Hi,
I'm not sure of your question. To create an .rpt file you must create it in Crystal Reports. If you create a report in CR under VB it will create it as a .dsr file. You must then call the .rpt report through code. I hope this answers your question.
Brett Please visit my websites!

Open the Crystal Reports Designer and start with File - New. Use the Standard Expert and on the data tab, connect to your SQL database. Select your Fields/Grouping/select on the appropriate tabs and click finish when done. You can save the result as an RPT. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Thanks people I now have it working well sort off. I can only get the .rpt to open at run time they want open at design so the reports cant be designed they have to be designed on the fly. There must be a better way to do this i hope so anyway.

Thanks Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back