Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Pop Up Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 26, 2001
ID
I create a Subform inside of my Form that contain various hardware name for each product ( by Item_code).
Can anyone help me how if I click a row that contain a hardware name in the Subform, it's shows up a pop form to show which product is using that hardware.

I am not an expert in access, And I am still practice to create my own database.

Thanks.

I dont understand exactly what you are looking for.
I think this is it though.

Presuming you are assigning a product to Hardware on a temp basis.

You could create a field in your Hardware record that contains a product code. Place a button that opens another form containing Product details. In the Form_Load of the form opened by the button set-up a filter so it only displys the product Code selected in the subform.
IE
Private Sub Form_Load()
Me.Form.Filter = "[ProductID] = subform field"
Me.Form.FilterOn = True
End Sub

Is this what you are looking for?

If I get what you're saying, you want to double click on a row in a subform to pull up information. I've use this on the "On Double Click" event.

Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "Form_Name_to_Open", , , "[Key_ID]=forms!Form_Name!Key_ID"
End Sub

I hope this helps.
-steve

These might give you additional ideas:

thread702-585184

thread702-580020

"The potentialities of a language are so vast that we must wonder sometimes at ourselves: how do we manage to know so much?" Anthony Burgess, A Mouthful of Air

Thanks,

I am just trying the Event DblClick from Steve, and it's works.:)
For Sadukar and JudgeHopkins, thanks for your respons.

1318, give Steve a star!

"The potentialities of a language are so vast that we must wonder sometimes at ourselves: how do we manage to know so much?" Anthony Burgess, A Mouthful of Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back