Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating pdf fro corel 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuca

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
BR
I can´t get pdf files from corel 12. I can use the publish command, create ps files or export as eps. None of them work. Sometimes i restart the computer and it goes ok for a while then it happens again.
What can i do?

Could you describe what you are doing click by click please.
Alan D

ok

1) Using "publish to pdf" option:
In the panel general i put compatibility for Acrobat 4.
In the panel objects i put jpg images with 72 dpi and fonts to be converted to curves and i also let binary encoding
I don´t change anything in the panel document and prepress
In the advanced panel i just put the colors to be converted to RGB. The rest i leave default

When i do that the result is a pdf file wich page is an empty square, not the same page size of the original cdr file

2) distilling a ps file:
I use a ps printer (lexmark Optra Plus Ps) and leave most of the options as default. I only choose to print to file. Then i name it as "name of the file.ps", postcript level 1 at postcript options and output color bitmaps as RGB in miscelanious.

After that i open the ps file with distiller and even when i use preset job options it comes an error. I don´t have message error description here but i can send later.

3) I export the entire page (or pages) as eps files. While in the exporting options i put in the panel general including wmf header, to export text including fonts and bitmaps as RGB. Then, in the panel advanced, i just choose postcript level 1.
When i open this eps in distiller the same error happens, as i described above.

These are the 3 manners i tried. I think the problem is with corel cause when i use pagemaker 7 or Indesign CS the pdf is succesfull.
I did a test where i exported a corel file with a single square in the middle of the page as eps. Then i imported it back to Corel Draw using "Ps, PRN, EPS - postcript interpreted" option. The result was an error of "Stackunderflow".
Searching the net for this error message i saw something like this is caused by another stuff, such as an aplication, messing with the ps/eps file. Is this possible?

thanks

If you have full Acrobat what happens if you print directly to Acrobat Distiller. This is my prefered workflow.
Alan D

I use Corel Draw 9 and use PDFill to create PDF files. It installed as a second printer and accepts anything I throw at it. Check it out at: at $9.99 for a standard licence it's a bargain.
Dave S

Try Pdf995... just select "Print", and in the printer dialogue, select Pdf995, then give it a filename.

I do it all the time.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back