Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating PDF forms in LiveCycle Designer 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash575

MIS
Jun 16, 2008
Question on a quirk I have noticed when creating a form using LiveCycle Designer 8 and was wondering if there was a way to change this.

I will use a Text Field for an area where I want the person who will fill out the form to add comments/questions. I widen the box out so the user will have area to type their comments in.

In the properties of for that Text Field, on the "Object" tab I check the box to allow multiple lines and I limit the length to the visible area.

That all works fine. The quirk is when I test the form and then click in that area to type for the text field the cursor always starts in the middle of that Text Field area. Is there a way to get the cursor to start at the top of the text box when someone fills out the form?

Thanks.

Also I forgot to ask is there if I have a submit by email button, and after someone who fills out the form pushes it, closes the PDF form automatically after it sends its information?

Thansk.

Open the paragraph palette (Window--> Paragraph).
There will be a button on the upper right to change the vertical alignment of the text.

Scripting would be required to close the form.
What you are asking would be overriding the end users decision - which is restricted by multiple versions of Reader. Not recommended.

Samaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back