Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating pdf files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby1

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
I have a data acquisition program and the results are normally displayed as waveforms on the screen using the picture.pset command to display the individual data points.

To print the waveforms, I use a similar routine using the printer.pset command to print the data points.

Now clients are requesting electronic versions of our reports and we have no way to do so without scanning the printed waveforms.

Does anyone have an idea how to create a pdf file from the vb application?

I can choose ADOBE PDF as the printer, which will create the pdf file we want, but the user has to enter the file name before the file is created.

We need to create the file without user intervention beyond pressing the print button. We want to be able to name the file from a variable name in the program.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Cubby1

Cubby1,

Recent stuff in VBA at thread707-1119207 may be of interest.

Hugh,

the user has to enter the file name before the file is created"

This is same problem as CutePDF...

The only one I've seen that does not require mucking about in the registry is "pdf995". It stores output file name and folder info in an .ini file. All you need to do is write the .ini file with your code before calling the print dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back