Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Panoramas

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephanieCC

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
US
Anyone know how to create 360 rotatable shots that are viewable in Quicktime and other programs--I am wondering how the picture should be taken and how to make it webable--Thanks--Stephanie

I make panoramas using a program called MGI PhotoVista and a nikon coolpix camera with a wide angle lens. With the photovista program it has a list of cameras and lenses and it tells you how many photos you need to take. Then you set up the camera and tripod so the lens will stay in exactly the same place (often a bracket is needed for this) they sell them but I went to the hardware store and made one for about $5. The program "stiches" the photos together for you it does an ok. job, bu I have found that some retouching is usally helpful. Once the panorama is made and retouched I use an apple freebie program (you would find it in apples Quicktime section)called make panoramas (this used to be a mac only program but it's been a long time since I got it so there may be a PC version by now. Here is MGI's address: If you want to see my panorams go to:

Most digital cameras come bundled with freebie software that will more than likely include a panorama maker. Otherwise, check out Pixaround.com.

To make it "webable", check out Macromedia Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back