Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating output file of 3D motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veach

Programmer
Jun 14, 2006
US
Hey everyone,

I've been recently getting myself familiar with Director for a project at work. I have a strong background in 3D modeling and animation, but I'm still getting my feet wet in the area of interactive media.

For this project I simply need to let the user rotate a 3-Dimensional model on all axes. I also need to set up an output file and record the rotation of either the camera or the object. (Depending on which the user is actually influencing)

I have some limited programming experience. I've used javaScript, but the syntax seems rougher than what Lingo uses, so I was hoping to work this out in Lingo.

So far I have all the scenes (made up of just a simple 3D object and lights) exported as .w3d files. Any direction in the form of helpful links, suggestions, or programming tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
-Anthony

Thanks, I've been checking out the info there and I think it is exactly what I've needed. I had another question, and I figured I could just put it here to keep the main thread listings a little bit cleaner.

Does Director mx 2004 ship with trackball support? If so, how difficult is it to work with?

Thanks again,
Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back