Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating new clients...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonkers

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
GB
Hi wonder if anyone has experienced this problem before?

Recently upgraded from Networker 5.1 to Networker 6.1.3 on Windows NT and now when trying to add a new clinet all that appears is a warning box with "Server, nnn (where nnn=backup servername).

That's it! No other hints to why it's erroring. Plenty of licenses are available, I have also tried creating the client from the command line using a script but this also failed with "create failed"

I have run the nsrck -L1 to L6 on the backup servers index but this has not cured the problem.

One other point, it will let me create extra clients of clients that are already in it's listing but no brand new ones.

Any help/advice would be grately recieved.

Regards,

jonkers.

This is an interesting one. Haven't seen it, but a few thoughts...

I know the default directory structure changed between pre 5.5.x to post 5.5.x. Depending on how careful you were during your upgrade, could be possible that you have a mixture of binaries from both installs that are causing problems.

Can you add any other new resources, such as groups?

When does the error occur exactly in the GUI, as soon as you hit create, or after you have filled out all the client info and try to save it?

pt

Hi pt

LOL, definitely an interesting one as it doesn't give you much help with the error ;o) I've spent the past two days on this one, got Mti support involved today and they are scratching there heads as well!!!

Can add new resources such as groups, just seems to be when I try to create a brand new client. The error occurs after you fill out all the client info and try to save it!

Think that I may be a bit futher forward now, I've manually added the client and all relevant information into the nsr.res file stopped/started the services and the new client now appears ok, and I can add another client off the same name. Still get the error when trying to create a brand new client but at least I've now got my new client in that I want to setup backups for!!!!!

I have now got to run a test back to check all is ok, very interesting though and one to remember.

Thanks for your reply pt.

Jonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back