Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating multiple accounts with User Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECNET

Technical User
Apr 28, 2001
GB
Is there an easy way to create say 100 new user accounts with User Mnager? I need to add 100 users with a generic account name (differentiated by a number suffix), eg library001, library002 etc.
It's easy to do the single user and copy, but is there someway to do 100 straight off, without having to manually alter each account.
Importing the details from a CSV file or something.

Over to you.

Cheers DEC

If it helps, let me know, if it doesn't, let me know. It's the only way I'll learn.

You can use the addusers utility from the resource kit. Or you could create a batch file using net user.

i could be flash now and say that RM Connect can create thousands of users though a CSV file and set up there home dir's and share there home directorys and set file permissions but that would just be rude!, i would think the best way to do it would be manually, i know it will take ages but i have used batch files to create users before and i had nothing but problems, untill we got connect (sorry!). Marc Turner
Network Manager

E-Mail: Mturner@turnerm3.fsnet.co.uk

Thanks both, I think I will do it manually this time, but have a 'playaround' with addusers, on a test system. DEC

If it helps, let me know, if it doesn't, let me know. It's the only way I'll learn.

hi again, just remomberd, i was looking at his app ages ago, a person who manages another rm network made a user manager app which is for a plain nt network and does the same as the rm one, might be worth looking at, it is flo user manager, the website is
hth

Marc Turner
Marc Turner
Network Manager

E-Mail: Mturner@turnerm3.fsnet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back