Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Multi Page Report Using OLE Objects 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorntong

Programmer
Feb 4, 2009
US
Hi Everyone,
I am in need of some guidance in regards to creating a multi page report using OLE objects. I am using CR XI and I am creating a billing sheet for one of our departments. I created the actual billing grid sheet using MS Excel. The report runs against our patient DB and pulls in the patient demographics as well as the insurance and co-pay information. I am displaying this information in the Group Header section. I then inserted an OLE object into this same section that contains the first page of a 2 page Excel spreadsheet. The first page looks awesome, but I second page that I need linked to the first page. Can someone show me how I can do this? I tried adding a second section below the first, but that doesn't display anything. Any/all assistance would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you,
Glenn

The following is incomplete and hard to follow:
The first page looks awesome, but I second page that I need linked to the first page.

Also what do you mean by "link"? And by "page"--do you mean a second worksheet? Or do you mean that the OLE object is too big for the page, and only one page is showing?

-LB

Hey LB,
What I meant by 'link' was that I wanted to make sure that page 1 (front) was connected to page 2 (back). And my reference to 'page' was that I had a second worksheet that I wanted to add to the second page.

Thank you,
Glenn

So you want worksheet #1 on your first page, and worksheet #2 on the second? I think you would have to add these as two separate OLE objects. Use GH_a for the first one, and GH_b for the second, and format GH_b to New page before (and maybe new page after, depending upon your needs.)

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back