Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Job to Copy Files over Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

spie34

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
US
HI, I am trying to create a job that would run nightly to copy files from our server located at our ISP to a server that is located at our office.

What would be a good way to go about doing this. I've tried to google for this but it seems that I might not be using the right words or know the right type of technology to use for this.

What protocal do you intend to use? How much data you talking about? If its FTP you can script that pretty easy and schedule the job to run, but you havent been very specific.

RoadKi11

Sorry I guess I was being very vague. We would like this to be over a secure protocol rather than just using ftp.

I am going to say the amount of data will be around 350MB give or take if we are doing incrementals or full backups.

Any other info?

You can install OpenSSH on your server and then use either an SCP or SFTP client (Putty is good for this) to pull the file from the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back