Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating IQDs in Cognos 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

navshiv

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
US
Hi
I am wondering what the best method of producing iqds is. With Cognos 7 we obviously just used Impromptu to create IQDs. When we migrated to Cognos 8 we continued to use Impromptu to modify existing iqds. Now I am creating new cubes, but I think it would be a bit backwards to continue to use Impromptu so I am looking into using new methods.

I tried publishing a package as an equivalent to iqds and pointed Transformer to this but I found the cube build extremely slow and used a lot of SQL resource. I used Framework Manager to create my IQD which worked a treat. Although it was is little tedious that you have to select the create external file option each time and you have no choice but to publish it as a package to Connection. Cognos have said that creating iqds in FM will be removed in a later release of Cognos 8 but you can still continue to use Impromptu.

I was wondering what way others are using to create iqds and what the best option is.

Thanks
Nav

you can just import the table as Query Subject in the FM model , then under Externalize Method just choice "IQD". when you publish this query subject select store in local. then you can use the export IQD in transformer. after that if u want to modify you can just use notepad open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back