Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating IIS Virtual Directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseNewbie

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
AU
Hi,

Does anyone know how to create or retrieve a list of Virtual/Normal directories that are mapped in IIS via VB? We need to create some virtual directories depending on user input and read whats already available too.

Thank-you sincerely

Look at the code that IIS has in its ASP interface. That should get you started.

Good Luck

Thanks,

Yes i looked at these earlier, i was hoping to find some API functions to do this instead.

Although one thing i couldnt locate is to list all the virtual directoris in a website, in either the VBS scripts or the ASP pages. Any pointers?

Thanks!

It's been awhile but the ASP management scripts that I remember allowed you to view, create and delete websites and virtual directories. Search either MS or PSC for these scripts or even the web. They should be out there somewhere.

Good Luck

WiseNewbie, did you ever find the scripts that you need?

Good Luck

Hi,

Thanks for checking up on me:)

Nope i couldnt quite locate it. I can create virtual directories and i found the registry key to locate where the default path to the website is etc but not to list all the directories and their paths, nor how to detect if IIS was running, paused or shutdown...

-Emily

If you have a NT4.0 disk and a machine around along with option pack 4 I think you will find the information there.

Good Luck

Hey WiseNewbie,
I am looking for exactly what you were - vb code to create and configure virtual directories for IIS. It seems that you found that information. Can you share it with the rest of us? Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back