Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating graphics for print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt111780

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
GB
We want to create magazine ads and other ads for print. We have been using fireworks but it seems Firworks is meant for web graphics only. Some of the companies we submit our work to will not accept it in RGB format.

What is the best program for creating ads for print? Freehand supports CMYK but seems harder to use than Fireworks. Should we just use MS Publisher or is there something else?

Thank you,
Kurt

It's only easy when you know how.

We have a magazine ad saved as PNG in RGB colors from fireworks. The magazine company will not accept PNG or RBG. How can we quickly convert this ad?

It must be CMYK colors. The format can be PDF, EPS, TIFF, or postscript.

Please we need help quick.

Thank you,
Kurt

It's only easy when you know how.

Yoiks! You shouldn't be using Fireworks for print!! And not Publisher either--many printers won't accept those files & they are not meant for that purpose.

You need a good layout program such as Quark or Indesign. Freehand or Illustrator, or even Photoshop will work also, if you know what you're doing.

I find Corel Draw is quite user friendly and there is a new programme out 'inkscape' which is a vector graphics/print package, but on the GPL license, so it's a good starting point (i.e it won't cost you big dollars to try)

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back