Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating generic accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2know

MIS
Nov 27, 2001
US
I am still working on getting to know GroupWise better. Right now I want to create some generic accounts such as
info@mydomain.com and hr@mydomain.com

My question is how can I create a generic account in GroupWise such as “hr” or “info” and then forward the generic users email to the appropriate real person within the company?
Can I create this generic account without creating a NetWare account?

Create them as Resources (owned by some existing user). Then either the owner can easily proxy to the resources mailbox, or you can set up a Tool/Rule to forward the messages to another user(s) from within the resources "account". Resources do not require an addtional license.

hope this helps,
dennis

Dennis,

Thanks for your help.
I followed your lead on this one and I think that it is going to work out perfectly!

Thanks again

I think in Groupwise, the easiest way would have been to create a nickname, which just delivers info for info@domain.com to username@domain.com.

However, creating a resource allows you to give proxy rights to the user who's checking that mailbox. Then they can proxy into that box, and when they reply, it will be 'from' info@domain.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back