Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating fire..not text

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxwk12

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
US
I need to create some flames. Not over or behind text, I just need to create some flames, a fire. I am trying to create a cd label and the person wants a fire for the background. Does anyone know where I can get a step-by-step tutorial for this?

Sidney
Photoshop 7.0

I don't get that tutorial, what will altering the hue/saturation do to the line if it's white?
I tried it to no effect.
Instead' for step 2: I clicked 'selective color', chose 'whites', and pushed the magenta to 35 and the yellow to 90 or so.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

The hue/saturation changed the color of the line to whatever color you want it to be. I made orange/red flames and I made blue flames just with the hue/saturation.

Sidney

My mistake, forgot to set the lightness to a negative value.
Look, i'm of with the flu, so i'm making silly mistakes...

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back