Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating DUN's 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrusie

MIS
Mar 29, 2002
US
I am looking to create DUN's so that I can put a CD in the drive and install software with auto run and also have the cd create the DUN, like the ISP's all do when you set up an internet connection.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
John

I am wondering how to do this as well. Please Help

Thanks,
Jason

you can do that but do a little research first. the main thing you need would be ICM (internet connection manager)that is a different component. just downloading the IEAK would only customize the IE

Well I finally found out what I needed to make a dial-up program. It is called CMAK (Connection Manager Admin Kit) Comes on the Windows 2000 Server cd's. You can install it on Win2k Pro. too. Run D:\i386\adminpak.msi this will install Windows 2000 Administrator tools, which contains CMAK.

The only problem I'm having now is actually creating the different phonebook files, .pbk, .pbr. I see you can use Pbainst.exe off the 2k cd but it's only for NT? Any ideas.

Few resources I ran across

I would love to help you but all I did was customize the IE and OE. Thats only because I didn't have the 2000 pro cd. sorry "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

I am about to embark on the same thing.

Did you find a solution??

I am just reviewing your links and comments now.

Thanks,
Cassandra

I was able to find the phonebook files I needed, because someone else here had made them before. I found them by scrounging the network. I still never figured out how to create the phonebook files. I'd like to edit the phonebook, but I can't even do that. I would also like to edit the help file .hlp. If anyone knows how.

i don't know if you guys have already done this, but microsoft.com has a "microsoft for partners" thing you can regester for and then after that there is a support news group that gives pretty damn good help. it would answer alot of your questions. sorry i couldn't help you guys.

"Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

I'm working with PBA and CMAK. If you want to create a Dial-up profile on a client computer, do the following:

1) create a phonebook (.pbk file) with the Phonebook administrator (PBA)

2) create a profile with the CMAK that includes the previous .pbk file

3) install the profile on the client computer:
a) launch the <profile>.exe program
or b) uncompress the <profile>.exe file (winzip) and run the followin command: cmstp <profile>.inf /ns /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back