Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating document to show address in window of envelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGL72

MIS
Jul 2, 2001
US
I'm working on a mailing and am trying to avoid also printing LABELS that need to be applied to an envelope. If I can create the customized letter in word, using a merge from the DB of peoples addresses I can also print their address on each document. The work then would be folding the document so the addresses face out to the side of the envelope windows

Is there a standard template I can use for standard window type envelopes? I'm googling but not finding exactly what I need. I'm just learning the merging and database of addresses thing to make mailings faster. I'm not sure if I can get away with putting the address, and content on ONE SIDE so I don’t have to duplex or if I'll need to duplex print so the content of the letter is on one side and the addresses are on the other.

If someone can offer some suggestions that would be GREAT!

I am not aware of a template, although the way I have done it, is to measure from the top of the envelope to the top of the window, and then from the side of the envelope to the side of the window.

Then in word, set up fields, at the pre-determined sizes as measured above, and mail merge the names and addresses.

Typically window envelopes take up to four lines, but of course, you can shrink down the text size to fit more.

For window envelope sizes, check out this address:
To create a template once you know it works, check this out:

Hi,

Don't understand what the issue is. It's not rocket science to position an address on a page, in order for it to be displayed in the window of a envelope. However, it may depend on how much prose must be in the body of the letter.

What am I missing????

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Missing? Well.. I have never done it, so having a starting first step was something I needed. Thanks for the link. Ill take a look!

Well, 20 years ago, when I did not first mail merge in a window envelope, I didn't know either, but it's not hard to figure out. You don't really need a template, althought it might be nice to have.

Grab the bull by the horns and do it!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back