Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating diagrams using SQL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLnewcommer

Technical User
Oct 7, 2005
US
Hello,
I need to create a hard copy of my data warehouse design for a report.
I looked at the following website and really like the way they did it.. But I do not know how they did it. Could you give me some information about it.

If you think this is not a good idea please suggest a good method to do this.

Thanks for the info. But can you give me more details on how to access the Server diagram? I have finished creating and populating my data warehouse. So is the Server diagram automatically created? How do I access it?

The diagram is not created automatially. Open enerprise manager. Drill down to the database. Click on Diagrams. Then you can create a new diagram.

Jim

Sorry so many questions but how do you "drill down to the database". There is a tree like structure to the left but it is empty.

You have to register the Server first. Right click on the default "SQL Server Group" and register your server. After that you will be able to see all the databases in the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back