Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating bootable dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamUT

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
I am using ghost 2003 and have created a bootdisk which spans 2 disks. I want to place these bootdisks onto a DVD so the DVD will boot. I have tried Nero and DeepBurner to make bootable disks. Nero only allows you to use 1 floppy (I have 2 disks) or a bootimage and Deepburner wants some kind of boot image also. My question is this. How can I create a boot image?

Thanks

You only need one Ghost boot disk with mouse driver and Ghost DOS mode. With Ultraiso, convert it to ima format, so you can use it with Nero in a bootable DVD where you burn your ghost image.

I need help doing the same thing. I have imaged a laptop to a network share and I am trying to create a bootable dvd but still cannot. I created boot floppies but ghost forced me to create 2 disks. I tried duplicating but having problems. Can someone help. Thanks.

Hi,

I still use Norton Ghost 2002.

I do the following
1 making a bootable floppy for my notebook (tcp peer)
2 image to network share
3 making a start floppy for my notebook with cd-rom/ dvd support
4 burn with nero express a bootable dvd with the second floppy for start up.
5 note: I'm using just msdos (from 98) within Norton Ghost to make my floppies Bootable

Greeting Lagbeck

I use Nero and don't have any problems. Use disk 1 for the boot segment of Nero. Put the info that's on the second floppy (ghost.exe) on the DVD and set up your autoexec.bat to start ghost from the DVD.
Dat it.. Good luck

Mikeee

I'm having a similar issue with this.

My system will boot a CD but will not boot a DVD. I'm using Ghost Corporate 2003. Steps I took....

1) made the two Ghost floppies (CD/DVD).
2) copied these to my HD
3) Used Nero to burn the DVD which contains the image, the contents of the two floppies (Win98 DOS mode + Ghost.exe), and the boot sector. On the "boot" tab, I changed it to first 4 sectors/no emulation in Advanced settings.

If I do this with a CD and leave out the image, it boots fine. Could it be my drive? It's really old.

It never even goes past the "Boot ATAPI CD-ROM: " prompt. If I wait long enough it says Non system disk or disk error, which leads me to believe it didn't write the boot sector right... but the same procedure yields a working booting CD. I am stumped... Please someone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back