Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RameSwese

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
DE
Hallo Friends,

Do u have any idea how can i creat bookmarks in an existing PDF file with VB?? Do u have any Samples??

Thank u very much and a nice week end!!

:)

Rame

I have come up against this obstacle myself. According to Adobe, it can't be done. Period. I am trying to find a workaround, and will let you know if it is successful.

I am not in a position to try right this moment but in Acrobat writer I use a right click but isn't there a menu item for it?

If so SendKeys in VB6 would work (use % for the Alt key)
I have used it to good effect in Outlook. You would have to know the title that Acrobat uses as an app or load it yourself from VB (can't remeber command) and AppActivate with the number from loading and then SendKeys stating with the name of the pdf first.

Have I understood the question?

just trying something and it works - (see cresby.com)
MrRed.gif

OK I tried this at home and Acrobat writer does not seem to respond to the SendKeys command - VB6 gives focus to Acrobat OK & the cntrl B shortcut invokes some reaction but nothing worthwhile. I am sure this is an anti-virus feature - imagine a virus that could splatt libel all over your document - it would be sometime before you found it - or someone else did!!!

Javascript Help for Acrobat does not indicate any Bookmark object so that route is closed. I would bet on a geeky "properties" workaround but .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back