Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrk123

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
US
I need to create a new announcement like " the number you dialed is a non working number" and have the call manager ver 5.1.2a use it when necessary.

I assume you mean incoming calls to non-existant extension numbers. Generally I use a Unity mailbox for something like this. I create a CTI Route point with XXXX as the extension number, CFWD ALL to Unity with a VMProfile of the number on the Unity mailbox. Record the Greeting and your done.

I ended up using a CTI port instead of a CTI RP but everything else the same. Do you know where the wav files are in call manager 5.1.2?

Which wav files? I assume they will be in the TFTP folder.

Difference in CTI Port and CTI RP is the number of concurrent calls it will handle but either will do what you needed. I usually point misdialed numbers to the receptionist/Operator.

The wav files for system messages. Where do you tell the system to use a certain wav file for a certain error message in linux based call manager 5.1(2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back