Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating and Import file difinition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzbe

MIS
Nov 13, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me, I am using Gentran for NT v3.0.1. I have been using Gentran for a while now, but took over the system from someone else, I have never had to creat my own import file definition before, could anyone give me a few pionters in creating a system map that will allow me to associate a flat file with an outbound EDIFACT customer and standard ?

Cheers for any advice in advance.

buzzbe

I don't use EDIFACT but if you like I can send you a sample import file. There is not much to them.

Fraser,

Cheers for your help, I managed to suss this out. Basically in Gentran you have "System Import Map" which is used define all flat file imports, the problem I was having was that the Transaction Set ID only allowed 3 character where as EDIFACT documents needed more. I am in the process of creating a new System Import Map dedicated to EDIFACT to save changing the whole system.

Buzzbe :)

Wow, I wonder if that might be something you should report as it seems like there are endless "patches" to Gentran when stuff like this crops up. I had a 997 error for UCS docs that was nowherein their knowledge base but when I called there was a "magic fix" to download. You never get an apology, but you often get a workaround...

I am getting ready to upgrade to 4.0 and I am not looking forward to the experience.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back