Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating an index of documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivpotter

Programmer
Jan 19, 2001
GB
Hi

I am trying to write an intranet site to index our companies documentation and have created a directory under my DocumentRoot and then placed a series of links to Word documents.

I then use a SSI perl script to trawl through this directory resolving the links and extracting the document properties. This is fine from a DOS prompt but when I load the web page into IE the HTML is truncated at the point that the perl script first tries to access the shortcut's target (ie the document itself rather than the link to it).

Could someone please let me know how to configure Apache to permit this - I have read the FAQ about aliasing directories outside the DocumentRoot but that did not work, presumably because it is perl that is trying to access the file rather than a browser.

Many thanks

Ivor

I should also have mentioned that the target files reside on a separate server.

Cheers

Ivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back