Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating an analog line from a DID # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalaction

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2002
US
I need to create an analog line from a DN number 3401 so to dial in remotely using a modem

I am as far as Marping the TN (which is an analog line) to DN 3401 so when I dial 3401 interally the phone rings on that TN.

What is my next step to be able to dial 274-3401 and have it ring on the 3401 DN.

Do I need to creat an ACD?
*3401 is an available DN to use

thanks for any input

Hook the Modem to it and just call it from the outside just like any other DID number.

How do I configure the DID 274-3400 to point to the DN 3400?
As of right now its point to a different DN.

Build a 500 set on a analog TN and make the DN 3400. A DID is just a DN.

ld 11
chg
x x x x
dn 3401

or if the tn is vacant, use the new command.. a did is not unique unless your doing ld 49 translations.. just build the station normal or copy a working did, the switch will ask for the dn on a cpy 1 command

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I found out that the 3401 DID was using translations in the IDC table so I changed it to use 3401. So now it will ring on extention 3401 when I dial 274-3401.

Thanks.

One last thing. In the process of changing the CDGT in the table I now have an entry "idgt= 2743401 Cdgt= 3401". I wish to delte just this entry. How do I delete this one entry vs. deleting the whole table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back