Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Aftermarket Case Badges 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbullas

Technical User
Jan 27, 2006
GB
I source my PC peripherals, cards, processors, coolers and cases from Ebay and very infrequently do these come along with the associated case badges....

I searched for a long time for a way to get hold of these and (surprisingly) only ANTEC appeared happy to provide me with some, MSI's website presented me with a big form to fill (anyone got an email addy for their customer service?) in so...

I found this guy on ebay...
(Kleer Dome D I Y badges)

I'm not plugging him (though his service is 100%) just the process, print off an inch square logo on shiney photo paper, seal over with a clear dome trim to size and bingo..... I need to take more care with the next lot...

Still can't find a good ABit or MSI logo though, anyone got a spare case badge to post me? :)

=========================
Transport Solutions
Southampton UK

Hi Johnbullas,
How many computers are you needing badges for? I have been with 2 computer companies that build computers and when ordering badges, there is usually a minimum order fee like $500 for a couple hundred of them or so. When I worked at Ampro, they had there badges made out of metal and was gold plated, very nice looking. I would have to do some research when I get back to work to see what company the current one I am working with was using.

I know that all Antec cases come with antec badges and that certain motherboards come with case badges as well. You will have to do research on that part.

I would also highly recommend NOT getting your computer equipment from ebay, and not just because they are causing enough damage to the computer industry... You should get a reseller license and business name and become an authorized reseller. If you don't want to go that route, then I would say zipzoomfly and newegg have very competitive if not cheaper then a lot of my distributor's pricing. All the low-ball pricing online stores and the non-authorized resellers are destroying the computer industry and it makes my job very hard sometimes because of that.

But anyways, that is just my 2-cents.

Good luck!
Jesse

How many computers are you needing badges for?"
....I build 3 or 4 a year

"I would also highly recommend NOT getting your computer equipment from ebay, and not just because they are causing enough damage to the computer industry..."

I build PCs for fun and for friends and I think a lot of us find EBay gives us the choice of what we want to buy rather than what a dealer wants to sell (I have sold PCs, Cameras, Calcined Bauxite, Epoxy Resin and Aluminium Smelter Bricks in my time and know the manta "don't sell what you have not got" very well ;) )

In passing, the only time I was ever stiffed with respect to PC equipment was by a dealer ;) Anyone can sell on Ebay so if you don't already you might want to make a name for yourself if you do a good job, I don't always buy cheapest!

JB

-

===================================
Transportation Research Consultant
Winchester UK

Hey again,
If you can sell computers based on the quality and not the price, then you are doing good! Its just hard to sell computers anymore when everyone has a mindset where they can buy a computer for $200 from dell or buy parts on ebay cheaper then I can get them...

Anyways, if you just need a few badges, I wouldn't exactly know where you can get just a few made at a time. I think fedex kinko can make some nice professional looking labels you that can stick on computers. They make the Verified By Intel panel that fits exactly on top of VBI notebooks. That might be a thought into checking into that.

If you're building for yourself or friends why even worry about badges? "Badges? What badges? I don't need no stinkin' badges" [smile]

The answer is "42"

LOL. Yea I dont use badges on my friends computers either, not even my company badges (especially with the phone number being on the badge). The last thing I need is my friends calling me up saying they got some stupid report to Microsoft error popping up like I programed all of Microsoft's mistakes or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back