Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating A3 postcript files from Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdenis

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
FR
Hi,
I'm using this damned Quarx Xpress 6 on a Mac OS X !
When I export my file in PDF, the PDF seems OK on screen but, when we try to print it on a Postcript printer - or to save it as a an EPS file - we receive an error message :
"the lenght of the table is not included in the allowed interval"...
Moreover, when I try to save directly this same Quark file as an EPS file (in order to try to distill it after), the A3 setting that I request fails and the resulting file is always in A4. Strange is'nt it ?
Any idea to solve this ?

Try exporting your file as a postscript file. go to quarkexpress>preferences>PDF and select Create PostScript File for Later Distilling. Then if it still does the same thing try opening the ps file with preview instead of acrobat.
Fixed mine and I've been doing it like that since 6.1 came out. Hope this helps.

Many thanks.
In fact I made a big error : there was not virtual postcript printer selected when saving the Quark file as a Quark file. I selected the distiller as the printer and then the postcript file was correctly created in A3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back