Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a switchboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarty

Programmer
Apr 12, 2001
BE
I'm trying to create a switchboard myself. I have all the buttons on it and they work, but how do i make this form appear at the start of the database, so when you double-click at mydb.mdb, the menu-form is the first thing the user gets?

Thx,

Smarty

Make sure you are at the database window. Goto tools then startup (i think) and in the window choose the form you want to display on startup. There will be a drop down on the right hand side to choose your form.

hope this is right,

Nick

You can set this in the menu:
Extra => StartUp
(or something like that, my access-version is in (double)dutch.)
You can also set other start-up opions, the most important being: hide database-window.

Thanx for the help... it was very helpfull
but is it possible to maximaze my switchboard at the beginning, so nothing else is visible?

Thx

On the load of the switch board you could try:

docmd.echo false
docmd.maximise
docmd.echo true

May not be the best way of doing things but it tends to work. The echo bit just reduces screen flickering whilst the form maximises. Let me know if it works (and if I have got the echo part correct). If not remove the 1st and 3rd lines and just leave the docmd.maximise in

Nick

I'm new at Access but I achieve this by writing a macro and naming it AutoExec which automatically executes at the opening of the database. In this macro I open the switchboard and maximize it.

Tell me if that works for you.

Thanks,
Bsimm Go TITANS!

Hi!!!
bsimm has siplified the matter for you, i am a great believer in databases that are colourful, fun and idiot proof. if you just want to open a form or switchboard form. write a macro
open form
beep (if you want a sound)
maximise
then create a shortcut from the menu to the form concerned, the standard icon for a macro on your desktop looks like a scroll of paper, once you have achieved this edit the descriptive text on the desktop icon and you've done it. if you want the presentation to look good add an opening page with a picture and text background with a command button to continue and a button to quit access, then set your macro to open the opening form instead of a switchboard.mke it colouful and friendly
good luck. regards
john
Bournemouth England
genesis2000ad@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back