Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a subform in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaclyn

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
US
I'm working on a db that is similar to Northwind Traders sample db. I have an Order Form and I need to insert a subform where the actual orders can be placed (Quantity, Unit Price, Description, Total). The subform can not be linked to products bc rarely will the same products be ordered. I just need the subform to be blank so the orders can be entered into it. Every customer will have different order forms. The error that I'm getting when I try to type something in the subform is: "The changes you requeted to the table would create duplicate values in Primary Key or Relationship. Change datea in the field that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine indes to permit duplicate entry." Or, the other error I get after I change stuff around is: "A related record is requested in table Customers." I don't know what to do.

Hello Jaclyn,

Try creating your order details form as a stand-a-lone form in either continuous or datasheet mode. Once you get it working that way, just open up your main form and drag the order detail form onto the main form in design view. See if that helps you.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back