Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a schedule to autoforwad console to another office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
US
Hello, I want to see if it will be simple to create a schedule in an Option 11c to auto forward or manually forward the switch board console to one of our West coast office due to early closing because of weather or disaster. At times the East coast will get hit with snow and we would close the office early. The receptionist will then put the console into night bell. The boss wants to be able to auto forward the it so that the West coast receptionist so that she can pickup the call and transfer any calls to the appropriate person. We also use tie lines between all offices along with five digit dialing.

Any thoughts on how I would go about to create a schedule that I can easily change at will by just changing the date and time on when to forward the calls to the West coast when there is a storm? By doing this would it cause any corruption in the switch or at times not work correctly?

Any suggestions and thought is greatly appreciated.

In the customer data block put the number of the other operator in the NIT1 and send the call to the other operator across the tie lines.

Very easy to set up. and maybe you could have nit2 be the bell with a time of 1700 so at 5 pm it would revert back to the night bell.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Tnphoneman, so with those two schedule, I would be able easily edit "only" when I need to forward the console? Or once this is set, it will do it automaticlly. I would like to make it not forward until an early closing is in affect to forward all calls.

Forgive my noobness but any chance of a sample?

thanks

LD 21
REQ PRT
TYPE NIT_DATA

This will show you those prompts. You'll probably spot NIT1 as some familiar number. In theory, you could change that number any time using LD15. It becomes active when the Console is in Nite mode.

Remember, modifying the PBX is a "convenience" you will have unless the power is out, or worse. If the power is out, all of your calls just fall into nowhere, regardless of what your programming is.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

If the switch goes down they can always call the carrier and have emergency forwarding put into place on a temporary basis.

NIT1 should be the other operator DN
NIT2 should be your night bell.(probably NIT1 right now)
TIM2 should be your closing time of day

This way anytime the night button is pressed it will go to the other operator until your closing time of day and then it will ring lyour night bell. No sense in ringing the night bell in CA.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Well, I contend that you can't just call the carrier during any weather or unexpected disaster and expect to get anything done. One of my employers had a bunch of Florida offices that closed a few times a year because of hurricanes. It would have taken us at least two days to get an office forwarded (correctly) without having the feature in place beforehand.

You also can't just flip 40 DIDs (or 4000) without a pre-defined plan in place. They might do your billing number, if you are lucky, after they get around to handling to the 10,000 other customers who want the same thing done "just this once"

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Thank you guys for the information. Testing it out and looks to be working great.

Thanks you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back