Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a report that lists all of your available reports 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyonmt

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2001
Hello,

Is it possible to create a report that lists all of your previously created reports?

do you mean every report that can be found under the REPORTS tab in the database window? ... or... are you talking about every instance of a report that you reuse and change data based on some criteria?
If you're talking about the reports in the database window, the answer is yes... just create a query and use the table MsysObjects.. select the fields : Name and Type... set the criteria for Type to = -32764.. then use this query as the recordsource for you report...

PaulF

Paul:
Lyonmt was asking this question on my behalf. What I really need to do is create a List or Combo box on a form that will display the available Reports I have created. I would like to select one of the Reports in the List or Combo Box and then click a Command Button to print that particular Report. I know it can be done (Northwinds shows something similar but they use an Option Group and check boxes which is just as confusing! The help file is not very explicit on this feature.
Any help would be great!
Thank you.
-Jason

not a problem, just use the query as the row source for the combobox, then use the combobox AfterUpdate event to open the report.

PaulF

Thanks Paul...I'll try that. I'm OK with Access but not an expert...expect another post later if I can't get it to work!
Have a good evening.
-Jason

OK...now I'm lost. I can't find any table named MsysObjects but when I tried to create one with that name, it said it already existed!? (I didn't replace the existing one).
How do I display the table MsysObjects? I'm using Access 2002. Is there a magic button somewhere?
My hair is almost gone!
-Jason

Tools
options
show system objects

Hope this helps
Hymn

Wow! See? I told you it was simple - LOL.
Thanks for the post! Trying it now.....
-Jason.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Both posts above gave me EXACTLY the information I needed. Why isn't Microsoft this easy? Their 'example' to do the same thing had about 2 pages of code and I still couldn't get it to work!
I'm definately coming back here.
Have a great day both of you.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back