Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a report based on a selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwbviper

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
GB
Hi there,
I have created a database at work and up until now any databases i have created have not required any reports. I was wondering if it is possible to create a report which will prompt a user for a staff member's name and then display all their information on items such as training or absence?

Any help is much appreciated.

Colin

A simple way based on a table is to use the report wizzard to select the fields you want on your report and create the report. Then go into the design of the report and in the control source property invoke query builder, the row of black dots (.....) to the right. This will bring up query design, add your table and put the fields in you want on your report. In the criteria under the staff name field put the question you want to display insquare brackets i.e [Enter Name]. As long as the name is valid this will report only on that staff member.

Regards Eddie

Hi there SuicidED,

Cheers for the help.

Colin

If you need to do anything more complicated, I have written an FAQ on this subject in the Access Forms forum entitled "How to create a flexible report selection form"

John

You would have to create a query first, then save the query. After that you would go into the report wizard and select the fields you want and the other charachteristic. You could also even do charts and graphs, I think there maybe some kind of wizard for those as well.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back