Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a PopUp before using the Switchboard 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

awl

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2001
US
My database is opened via a password and then the Switchboard is in view. Prior to entering any of the menus and as the database opens, I would like to have a PopUp dialog box appear. This PopUp box will provide a warning statement, which has to be read, and then press the “close” button on the box prior to entering any of the menus on the Switchboard.

I don’t work with VBA coding and I was wondering if there is a sample that someone has created to have this PopUp occur. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Open a MsgBox in the OnLoad Event of the Switchboard Form.

Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
  MsgBox "Read This!"
End Sub

awl,
Take a look at the Northwinds sample database. It has an example of exactly the thing you're looking for.

Ken S.

Kzutter

Thank you for your response. Your MsgBox solution works great in the OnLoad Event of the Switchboard. I had previously created a PopUp form and wasn’t sure where to place it; I have now placed it in the OnLoad Event and that is what I was looking for.

Ken S. I did go to the Northwind samples, I could not find anything in the OnLoad event of the Switchboard to assist me. Probably, it might be that I have an older version; Northwind 97 which I converted to 2003.

Thank you both though.

The Northwinds DB uses an alternative technique for displaying a form prior to the switchboard - they have a custom splash screen form which is loaded by default in the DB startup options (where you would normally put the switchboard). Then in that form's OnClose event, the switchboard form is opened.

Ken S.

Ken S. Thanks very much and I could definitely use this solution in one of my databases. Thanks, and have a Pleasant Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back