Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Pamphlet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Sep 26, 2003
US
I'm creating a pamphlet with four columns on 14 X 8.5 paper. Everything looks fine on the monitor; however, when I print on the legal size paper the first column gets shaved off, and the columns are not centered. How can I correct this problem? I'm new to PageMaker so please don't assume that I know something very basic.

Are you taking into consideration the non-printing borders of the printer? Most printers are not capabale of printing to the edge, and will cut off the margins if your text flows into the non-printing area.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Thank you. Very nice site!

I thought we had a pretty good office printer. Do most people take the work to a Kinko's for printing because of this problem, or can I adjust something? Please advise.

Hi, 4832

What Carl said…

To see the limits of your printer's printing area, create a 14"×8½" page in PageMaker. Then create a rectangle larger than the page to cover the whole page, and fill it with 10% grey.

Print the page. You will then see the margins where nothing is printed. You may be surprised how wide they are -up to 10 or 12 mm.

Iechyd da! John
21:58 06/11/2003 GMT

Even Kinko's has these limitations when printing. The way to get edge to edge printing is to use an offset press, not a printer or copier. Or, you can print on a larger sheet of paper (say 11 x 17) and trim the edges. Of course you can see how big of a hassel that would quickly become.

Hi John... it's the weekend!

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Thanks for the help, BigJohnD & Viol8ion.

Hi Carl,

> it's the weekend!

It sure is!

Got the red wine open already, and on Sunday it's Wales v England in the RWC in Brisbane at 10 am GMT:
and at 1:45 pm GMT it's Liverpool v Mancheater United at Anfield:

So it'll the best weekend ever when Wales and Liverpool both win!
COME ON YOU REDS!

Iechyd da! John
20:00 07/11/2003 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back