Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a one-time page..HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennW

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2001
US
First off, I am pretty much a novice with web design so if you can help me, please bring it down a notch if you dont mind.

I have a form which I can either use in HTML or as a .pdf.
The intent of this form is to somehow show up on the users desktop the next time they execute their browser (IE). It is to only appear once and it is to behave so that the user cannot go any further in their browser without seeing this form first.

What is the best approach on accomplishing this? Keep in mind that the form will be attached to a database with a Yes/No option. So if they select no, they script will run again until they finally select Yes.

Any help you can provide on this is appreciated.

thanks!

Jennifer

Is this and intranet setup?? If it is, then you can have the HTML file set as a default page on the system, and until the user clicks the NO they keep getting this message, and when they click YES... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

This is for the end-users to access the Internet. But I have an idea that may or may not work. I am thinking that if I can create a script for their next login to run a VB app that sort of does the following:

Replaces the existing path for their icon of IE on their desktop. The new path takes them to an intranet page that brings up the agreement to either say yes or no to. IF they agree, then an app is run that replaces the path on their IE icon to its old one.

Am I out in left field here?

thanks

It might work, but it's a strech, ppl. aren't going to like that. Are you going to ask the end-users' to give you permission to download and instal that vb-script??
I don't understand one thing: What is the purpose of this for an end user?? If this was a copmpany server site (such as an intranet) it makes to have this feature...but why on the end-users?? Do you need a confirmation so they can access you're site?? If yes, then have this .pdf of the .html as you're log-in page...am I making sense here??
Maybe i'm missing the point of having the end-users' choose yes or no. If they choose "no" then they cannot surf the net, am I right?? I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back